DNA & DNA Replication WebquestName:_Aymen_________________________________________Part 1: Interactive DNA DiscoveryUse any of the links below to complete the Interactive DNA Discovery activity on the 23andMe website. Click Get Startedto begin and Next to move through the activity. As you move through the activity, answer the following questions.Full URL: https://education.23andme.com/dna-discovery
DNA & DNA Replication Webquest
Part 1: Interactive DNA Discovery
Use any of the links below to complete the Interactive DNA Discovery activity on the 23andMe website. Click Get Started
to begin and Next to move through the activity. As you move through the activity, answer the following questions.
Full URL: https://education.23andme.com/dna-discovery/# Tiny URL: https://tinyurl.com/u4e8z6e
1. In which organelle is most DNA found?_Nucleus__________________________
2. How many chromosomes do you inherit from your father? 23_________ How many from your mother?
3. If you are male, what combination of chromosomes do you have?__XY_______ If female?___XX_______
4. What does DNA contain instructions for? Contains instruction for making proteins and
5. What is the role of proteins?_ They carry out tasks necessary for building and maintaining the cell, like transporting
oxygen, detecting invading bacteria, forming the structure of your hair, and countless other
6. What are the sections of DNA that contain instructions for making proteins called?
7. Does all of an organism’s DNA code for proteins?___No____________
8. What does T pair with? __A________ What does G pair with?__C_________
9. If a DNA sequence is A-T-G-A-C, write the sequence of base pairs that would pair with it.___T-A-C-T-G
10. What percent of humans’ DNA sequences are identical? _99.5%_______________
11. Can traits be determined by more than one gene?___Yes__________________
12. What factors influence your traits?__Genetics, lifestyle and environment
Part 2: DNA Structure and Function Video
Use any of the links below to watch the DNA Structure video by Teachers Pet. As you watch, answer the following
questions. Tiny URL: https://tinyurl.com/h55cdnx Full URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1CRrtkWwu0
13. What does DNA stand for?__Deoxyribo Nucleic
14. What does the information contained in DNA determine? The information determines inherited
15. What does DNA code for? It codes for making proteins__________________________________
16. What are the monomers of DNA called?_nucleotides_______________________
17. What are the four nitrogen bases contained in DNA?